The holidays are a critical time for sales. You already know that reminding your customer base about sales and specials is one of the best ways to reach new customers and keep in touch with your existing client base.
Even if you’ve already rolled out a campaign on social media, your blog, message on hold script, and your storefront, did you shower your website with some holiday cheer? Sure, you don’t want to go overboard with the holly and the jolly, but a few website updates could further remind your customers that you’re in business this season and ready to serve them for their holiday needs!
When your website needs some holiday cheer
Do the holidays really mean you need to change your website to red and green, ornament banners, and all that? Don’t worry – you don’t need to transform your entire site to look like Santa’s elves threw up on it.
That said, a little update here and there can let your customers know that you’re thinking about the holidays just as much as they are. A little festive banner can be added to your web carousel to announce a new holiday promotion.
Also, if you need website updates anyway, a holiday update can be just the way to incorporate everything at once, saving you time and money!
If you need to update your website this time of year, here are our suggestions:
- Festive banner – an eye-catching website banner will draw customers’ eyes to your page, and put your seasonal promotions front and center! In fact, we consider updating your website for possible holiday deals to be part of regular website maintenance.
- Holiday promotions – This one’s a no-brainer. If you have special holiday offers, they should be front and center on your website, sooner rather than later!
- Site updates – kill two turtle doves with one stone (proverbially speaking) by requesting site updates you need anyway along with some festive cheer! Oh, that reminds us …
- Store hours – if you will be closed on certain days, or are changing your hours to accommodate the holidays, your website update should be at the forefront of your mind. Why? Your customers often look at your website for your holiday hours, not just social media or a search engine. Thus, updating your hours on your website can save you, and your customers, a headache!
- New year updates: “New year, new you” should also apply to your business. If you want to add fresh content, or ensure your website is responsive (easily readable on a mobile device, tablet, and a laptop/desktop), now would be a great time to update your website.
If cramming one more thing on your to-do list doesn’t sound appealing to you, consider a turnkey solution that’s easy to implement. Most of the time, a website update is just a matter of switching an image, or freshening up some old content.
We know you’re already scrambling to get your holiday ducks in a row. It seems like the holiday to-dos keep growing each year. But some simple touches don’t have to break your bank, or take up too much of your time. In fact, let us pick up the slack so updating your website with great content becomes one less thing you have to worry about. We’ll take care of the content. You do what you do best and make sure your customers are taken care of!
If you’re falling behind on website updates, we can help freshen your site up! Contact us at 248-684-0500 today.